Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Lush Christmas Part 1


The best time of year for Lush, because it is christmas and Lush, what is not to love?

Bubble Bars:

Candy Mountain- It's something they bring out every year and have done for quite a few by now (Over 4, how much I don't know). It's a very sweet fragrance that has strong vanilla tones but doesn't smell completely of vanilla and I haven't managed to find out what else it smells like (I need more detailed descriptions Lush). It shares a scent with Rockstar soap and if you like Snow Fairy you will like this as well. I'm not usually super into sweet scents unless it has vanilla in then I love them.

Christmass Eve- Another returning favourite. It is calming, floral scent with distinct jasmine tones and maybe ylang ylang which to be perfectly honest I don't know what that smells like but is used a lot in scent descriptions especially ones of this type (and I was right, go me). It also has irish moss powder (which is seaweed) which is meant to make your bath a more gel like constancy, I haven't noticed that but I don't use much (This gave me 5 baths). This is my go to in christmas time and my usual go to's are Karma and Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds (or words to that effect) so I'd imagine if you like them you'd like this, it also has scent similar to Dorothy.

The Christmas Penguin- it has a somewhat floral, somewhat musky scent but is still very light. It has undertones of citrus but it's overwhelming or sharp like they sometimes can be. It has the same scent has The Olive Branch Shower Gel.

Bath Ballistic:

Golden Wonder- This is my favourite bath bomb, nay, product ever.While I haven't had the pleasure of using it yet this year I am dying to get my hands on it. It's the third year its been out. It has a strong yet warm citrus scent and feels very christmassy. I also love the way it looks in the bath, it has shimmer and its the same as previous years stars, but the stars melt and the glitter is more of lustre so you don't spend the next few days thinking 'how did the glitter get THERE!?!'

I can wait to try more of the collection and am happy with everything I have tried so far.

-Ava




No comments:

Post a Comment