Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Autumnal Grunge








 This is one of my favourite Autumn looks using one of my favourite palettes, it's a little more intense than the pictures show but is easy softened out.
Inglot-395p, Sleek- Sunset Palette


First I prime my lids, my favourite is the Nars primer but today I used a Jemma Kidd one. Next from my Sleek Sunset palette, which is where most of the shadows I am using are from, I take an orange gold, with gold-flecks (1) and put it all over my lids with a shader brush (shadow brush from Sephora).
Next I use a mid-tone rusty red shade (2), I apply this in my crease with a tapered duo-fibre eye brush (Real Techniques) but any blending brush will do. Next I use a more true red(3) and deepen the crease and focus it more towards the centre of the crease. Then I take a deeper plum (4) and focus it in the outer half of my crease slightly bringing it outwards.

 Next I take cream shade (Bone by Bobbi Brown) and highlight my brow bone while cleaning up the look. I also take a fluffy blending brush (Sigma E40). I then take the rusty red and smudge it along the lower lash line (Sephora smudger brush).

 


If you want to smooth it out, or if you don’t want red on the lower lash line apply a warm toned brown, bring it down further than normal. Next with a pencil brush (Sigma E30) I mix a shimmery yellow (5) with a shimmery pearl (5- Inglot’s 395p) and apply to my inner corner. Depending on the look you want change up the ratio of yellow to pearl. I apply a matte black (6)  to the lash line focusing on the upper but adding some to the lower and smudge it out. You can use a gel liner or pencil if you want but I opted for a softer look. Then I applied a lot of mascara, but one that doesn’t clump so I can have a heavy look without clumps.

I then applied a dark lip, I used Revlon Black Cherry but it can go with a varity to lips (see: my Favourite Autumn Lips)



And thats it. I like wearing it with a bold brow (but my brows are always bold so I can't help that), a more contoured face, cheeks change up from plum, reds (bright and dark) but you can wear whatever you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment